Thursday, September 13, 2018

Formal Email Introduction

Subject: Introduction of Myself


Dear Professor Brad,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am Alvin Goh from your effective communications class. I graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic with a diploma in Mechatronics. Before that, I studied in Pasir Ris Crest secondary school and Casuarina Primary school respectively. Furthermore, I also participate in various community outreach programs such as helping out in various national day parades as well as taking part in recreational activities such as badminton.

Since young, I was constantly attracted to trains moving and curious about how it moves. This curiosity led me to pursue a diploma related to engineering. During my time in polytechnic, I had learnt various engineering related skills and knowledge which sparked my interested further. The reason why I chose to take a degree in sustainable infrastructure engineering (land) is due to me wanting to further broaden my knowledge as I hope to work in a job associated with transportation systems.

One of my communication strength is that I like to socialize and communicate with people even though I am not close to them. However, one of my communication weakness is that I feel uncomfortable in communicating with a large group of people as I often feel nervous as I am not very fluent in my speech and tend to stutter with my words.

I hope that through this effective communication module, I will be able to further enhance my skills and knowledge related to communication. Furthermore, I hope that at the end of this module, I will be able to improve on my language as well as to be able to communicate better with people as well as overcome my weakness in communicating in groups.

Yours Sincerely,
Alvin

No comments:

Post a Comment